Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The (Relatively) Complete Travis Rodgers Collection

Wednesday, July 27, 2016, will mark the last national episode of Travis Rodgers Now. If you don't know why that's heartbreaking news, you're free to move on to other web content. If you're like me and will miss this humorous and irreverent look at the absurd world of sports and pop culture, there's unfortunately nothing we can do to bring it back. But perhaps the link at the bottom of this post may provide some solace when we're jonesing for Trav's unique voice.

For the past five years or so, I have been collecting some of Travis's best bits and opinion pieces from his radio show. I've also recorded and saved every "Friday Facts" segment with Brian Beckner since September 16, 2011. At first, it was just a way for me to catch up with his show at a time more convenient for me (he was often on the air while I was busy at work). Along the way, it just became a force of habit. I was able to record a segment, edit it down and import it to iTunes before halftime of the Bulls game was over. Now that I've taken stock of what I've done over the years, I see a collection of 566 tracks from Travis and Beckner totalling over five gigabytes in size and over four days of audio. I can't guarantee your favorite bits will be there but you will find some truly hilarious observations in the .zip collection of audio files.

All of Travis' segments are described through their .mp3 file names. What you see is what you get. All of the "Friday Facts" segments are named after the date the segment aired. I know it can be a little difficult to track what is being discussed in 190 "Friday Facts" segments, so there is a "Friday Facts Log" .doc file included in the .zip. I still need to update the file with the last couple of months or so of segments. I'll let you know when that's updated.

Again, this file is over 5 GB large, so if you do choose to download it, I implore you: download it on a computer! If you try to open this on your mobile device, the device will blow up. But I think it'll be worth it to sort through five years of Travis Rodgers Now history, reliving some of your favorite moments and perhaps discovering some stuff you didn't know you missed. So check it all out in the Dropbox link below!

Download The (Relatively) Complete Travis Rodgers Collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment